Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 5: My Parents

Sorry, I am a little behind in my head I have been keeping track of what I have been thankful for, I just have not had time to jot it down. I am going to try to catch up while Vera is taking a nap...

On Monday I decided I was thankful for my parents.  As my mom was helping me clean puke out of the car seat I realized you never really stop being a parent.  Yeah sure, your role changes from providing every single aspect of care to your baby, to being the chauffeur for your teenager to more of an advisory role to your adult child, but once you are a mom or dad, you are always a mom or dad.

I am thankful my parents have been so supportive of me throughout my entire life. They taught me how to value hard work. They taught me how to be a parent by setting an amazing example.  I know Vera will be okay, if I can be half the parent they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment