Sunday, October 14, 2012

Where is my inner "Merry Mod Maker" when I need her?

So once upon a time I was in 4-H.  Our 4-H group was called Merry Mod Makers, and they actually still exist today. The Merry Mod Maker in me gets all these great ideas to sew projects because "how hard could it be" she says...

The Merry Mod Maker gets all excited, buys material and a pattern for a Halloween outfit for Vera.  However, the Merry Mod Maker is no where to be found when it actually comes time to sew the project. And to top it off, the Merry Mod Maker forgets that I am not 12 anymore, that I actually have laundry and dishes and cleaning to do and oh yeah, a 13 month old to chase after. 

The Merry Mod Maker had gotten previous ideas to make a Christmas tree skirt, curtains for Vera's room and other various items.  Most of which took hours upon hours to make.  This in comparison is going relatively well; however, Vera is going to swim in this outfit.  If you get a little green blob show up at your door step, you know it is Vera!

No comments:

Post a Comment